Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tomorrow is the last time I'll walk up and down the Escalator to work, since I'm taking a taxi with my bags on Friday. Just typing that is shocking to me, as it has become an indelible part of my day. Even last weekend, when I stayed in Tsim Sha Tsui I felt that something was left out not making the normal trip; it's amazing how quickly you can fall into a routine, although that isn't always a bad thing.

During my time here, I've met an international tax fugitive (if you believe him), experienced things I couldn't find in NYC (or Hong Kong - thank you coworkers!) without speaking Chinese, given directions to two Aussie couples even though I've only been here a short time, been up, down, and around Hong Kong as much as I could, and am proudly returning with no personal souvenirs, only gifts for others. Since HK is a shopping paradise, this actually is quite the achievement. I am so thankful that I've had this experience (thank you work!) since otherwise I doubt I would have come here on my own, and certainly not for a month!

Anyway, on to the pictures. Watches are everywhere here for sale since HK is tax free, and so are the advertisements.



Here's the HK view from the Intercontinental and my aunt's hotel room. It was much clearer than the last day I took and posted pictures.



Here's the lobby lounge.



Various boats go by the window. I'm not sure what the first one is, but the second is the Star Ferry.





Outside is the promenade, running most of the way down Tsim Sha Tsui.





This area is also the Avenue of Stars - film stars, that is. Yes, that says Cuttlefish $20.



Bruce Lee!



One of the gorgeous red-sailed junks was nearby.



From here it was on to the Peninsula hotel for tea.



Here was the lobby where tea is served.



The cup is actually tea - Pu-er tea to be exact which had a lovely smooth taste despite the darker color.



Finally, as I promised quite a while ago, here's the pool at my hotel.



This is actually the same day as the pictures on the promenade. The weather around here is generally if it's going to be sunny, it lasts until 1 or 2 pm, then clouds up. Maybe it's just the season I'm here (today was sunny all day now that it's cooled down, for example), but this has been the trend while I've been here. Tomorrow night I post the Peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment