Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In addition to the tea ware posted below, I've also been settling in at work and figuring out the lay of the land. I now have an Octopus card, which can apparently be an ornament and a souvenir as well as a pass onto transportation and a way to pay for food.



Since I walk to work, I haven't needed to take the MTR (subway) or any buses, plus it's good exercise, particularly since 4 out of 5 days when I'm working the later shift, I'll be using the stairs down since the Escalator changes direction to up at 10:20 am. However, now I'm covered for exploring Kowloon or any other areas on Hong Kong Island like Causeway Bay. And I can hardly believe tomorrow's Wednesday, I feel like I just got here!

I also saw this sign on Stanley St. Not a bad way to bring in clients, I think, but a sandwich while getting a manicure might be hard to hold.



Finally, here's the night view from my hotel room, and one of a cloudy dawn breaking on Monday morning, since if it's not cloudy, the sun glare prevents me taking pictures. The very tall angular building in the first picture is the controversial Bank of China tower built by I.M. Pei.







No comments:

Post a Comment