Sunday, October 24, 2010

Last post from last weekend - taking the Star Ferry back Sunday night to Central. First of all, for all you New Yorkers, here's the local answer to Mister Softee, even close in name!





Once on board the ferry, I find myself fighting to shoot steady pictures against the roll of the waves, so I had to take as I could.



Here was the Hong Kong Island side.





I tried to get good pics of the Kowloon side as well, since I have no view of this normally. Here's the ICC (International Commerce Centre).



This is blurry, but it was the best I got of the KCR Clock Tower and the Cultural Centre.



Here's the ferry terminal on the HK side.



Here's looking back at Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon) with a red junk in front.



From here it was off to work the next day to see some of these buildings closer.





Finally, last week we had Beijing style dumplings which were delicious, and jellyfish!



I was also complimented on how well I use chopsticks, a ploy, I think to allow a picture to be taken of me. I have never been photogenic, so usually avoid this, but here you go.



This week I'll post this past weekend's photos, and then 12:30 am Saturday Oct. 30th, I lift off for NYC, ending this blog except for unposted photos from my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment