Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last night two of the researchers took me out for excellent sushi in the IFC building, where I tried raw prawns as well as sea urchin for the first time. Yum! Unusual textures, but I've gotten used to that with sushi, as well as trying an egg custard with pungent mushrooms. They assured me that Japan still has better sushi, but it was better than any NYC sushi I've had. I didn't get home until 11:30, so I went straight to bed instead of posting.

And now, as promised, on to the tea ware from the museum.
These were tea sets and pots designed for an annual competition held for the most original tea ware, and they were AMAZING!















Sister, your fish are here as well.





And then these were just completely inventive and clever.


Overall, quite the unique experience that I would not have found in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment