Sunday, October 3, 2010

I realized when I woke up this morning that I hadn't eaten since the plane 24 hours earlier except for 2 bags of chips when I woke up at 2 am this morning HK time.

P.S. Mental note for all long-distance travelers. Don't assume prepared food is as readily available in all neighborhoods unless you do room service, so bring some of your own. Without those chips I REALLY would have been starving, since 2 am not much is open, plus they were free since I took them from the business class lounge at JFK!

Before I blogged, I made sure to eat well but sparingly at the breakfast buffet downstairs.

And what an interesting buffet! I'm not sure if it's because they know people are on all sorts of time zones here, but in addition to porridge, fruit, hard boiled eggs, ham, and other traditional breakfast foods, they had some lunch. At least that's the only way I can imagine they would serve breaded fish filet, fusilli with cream sauce, and boiled baby carrots. On the plus side, everything was good except the carrots (overboiled), and a self-made ham & egg sandwich along with assorted other foods should get me on my way today. Best of all, it was only about $11 USD, so I believe on the days I go in to work I may avail myself of it on a regular basis.

Anyway, off to find the Escalator!

No comments:

Post a Comment